View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nicecupoftea

I'm messaging from the UK and we have a great magazine (hard copy and online) called Time Out, which has endless listings of activities and things to do in your free time. I think you have this in the USA, although I don't think it doesn't cover all cities. Time Out Worldwide - Your Guide to the Best Things to do in the World's Greatest Cities including London and New York

Even if there isn't a Time Out for your particular city, it's definitely worth having a browse on their website just to get some inspiration for what you might decide to try in your spare time... art exhibitions, museums, theatre, city walking tours, music concerts, sport activities, comedy clubs, pampering spas, cookery courses, photography / music / pottery / art / drama lessons etc, lectures and talks, markets to visit in your area...... the list is endless! You can find things to do that either cost money or are totally free, whatever you want. Or, as others have suggested on here, just do stuff at home like baking, reading, having a bubble bath etc.

I'm going to a dinner party this evening but have already mentioned to the host that I'm having a "dry February" (bit of a white lie as I've totally quit, but this is a more manageable excuse to give a friend who's only ever known me to drink!), and tomorrow I'm going for a trapeze lesson at 10am! Now this is something I'd never have even considered doing BA (before abstinence!) as I would have already planned to be hungover and in bed all day after a dinner party/drinking session. It's so nice knowing that I'll be up and active and doing something fun tomorrow morning with no hangover, rather than wallowing in my pit feeling sorry for myself all day!

Here's to an AF weekend everyone!