View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KeepinItReal

His "threat" was that if he puts in for his visiting pass and they deny him (in another week and a half) That he's leaving. He said he get's in trouble for everything and he gets assignments he doesn't have time to finish. Also, because other people don't follow the rules the whole room gets into trouble and it's not fair to him (13 other guys in his room).
Personally, I know that every 6 months he cycles into a binge... and it's been 6 months since his last one. So.... I have that feeling is addiction is lying to him. Telling him he needs to leave so he can use drugs.
What I really want to say... is ... if you leave I know you love your drugs more than you will ever love your family. As hurtful as that is... I know it to be true. From the past.
I'm disgusted at this point from that feeling. I love people more than I ever loved drugs.. but I was never on heroin. I never CHOSE to go down that road... because I knew how horrible the drug was from seeing others suffer first hand.
I guess i'm just back in a mourning period. Realizing that my family including him may never be able to be together... and i'm trying not to think that way.
I'm trying to focus on everything I can be thankful for without him. So no matter what... MY life will be okay because i'm NOT choosing drugs over my family.
I hope he stays.... and maybe me telling him that he cannot come live at home will be the push he needs to stay. However, until the counselors call or he flat out tells me... i'm leaving right now... i'm holding that card. I'm not saying it to anger him.. i'm saying it because I love him.. and I know, I know, I know.. that if he leaves at any point soon it's because he wants to use his drugs. (weather he realizes it or not).