View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Soberween

I can so relate to this thread. I have a horrible time with my family and boundaries. They all come stay at my house for a couple of weeks at a time and act completely clueless that their presence is causing me major anxiety. Anxiety is a big trigger for me so I've decided to write them all a letter explaining that I'm not running some bed and breakfast. My 87 year old dad (who should be in assisted living) just left after a two week stay and it almost caused me to relapse. My four siblings all will say "well he just loves you and likes being at your home." It pisses me off so bad because my dad has never once stayed at their houses because they are all a bunch of socially inept slobs. Don't get me wrong, I do love my siblings, but this crap is not okay. I'm the youngest of the five for goodness sake. How did I get stuck in the mother role? (our mom has been deceased since 1992 so this has been going on forever). If I don't send this letter, I feel like I will relapse.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but am concerned for you as it is going to be hard for you to stay sober with this freeloader causing you anxiety. You can always write him a nice letter explaining everything. That is what works best for me. I'll be praying for you.