View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penny9175 View Post
The boys are 4 and 5. We fought the previous court order when she was in jail and we lost that. Well, we sort of lost, they wanted weekly visits in jail through glass, we won that it would be biweekly and only if the family room was available. I hope it's a good experience for them all. Thanks guys, I do feel a little better about it knowing others have gone down this crazy windy and confusing road.
I don't have kids, but I was once in the position to take a very special little 6 year old soul to rehab family day to see her opiate addicted single mom.

Like the others said, there were other kids, a playground and toys - the atmosphere seemed friendly and relaxed.

Once there, the little one loved the playground and connected with the other kids immediately while her mom and I hung out on a bench before the mom would join her daughter to play.

I had seen the 2 of them together before - mostly in situations when the mom was under the influence and the little girl was trying to mother her mother.
This was the first time to me, that the girl could be a child in the presence of her mom, and the mom could actually enjoy being a mother.

The mom relapsed, but the day remains a very fond memory for her daugher that we still talk about.