Thread: Woke up
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Yay you Carejoy!!!!

Originally Posted by Carejoy View Post
No guilt trying to figure out if I embarrassed my kids. Drinking is truly like a fever you can't escape. You know it is so wrong and but you can't escape.
The guilt-thing with drinking around my children was a huge driver to sobriety for me. I shudder to think how long I had a wine glass in my hand at every given moment at home.....thinking that it really was a shame to be teaching my children that this was ok......and then stowing that guilt because I didn't want to quit. Icky feeling. There's was a party on my couch, only I was the mommy who quietly drank until she passed out on it.

I started this journey to sobriety six months ago. It hasn't been a perfect ride, but I am there now ~ and I will tell you that the very best part is the feeling of being sober for my children.

Back in September when I started, I joined the September class here at SR. That has been a wonderful experience. If you haven't done this already, you may want to check out the February class. It's good to have a posse! My class kept me accountable and it was great to talk through stuff with them, when I felt like drinking. The class is everyone who is quitting in February.

Hope you have a lovely sober day Carejoy!