View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

**Girly hijack**

After work today I did some shopping, and ended up getting a really awesome new dress. I'm so excited about it! I'm the keynote speaker at a women's conference next week, and it will be perfect. Now I need jewelry.

**end hijack**

NL, that's awesome! Nice work! I like the response of trying to keep your blood sugar down, too. One I've got in my back pocket to use one day, if needed, is, "My system just doesn't respond as well to that as it used to." Someone shared it with me around the holidays and I thought it was good because it's TRUE. And who could argue? They don't want me sick, right?

How are you doing now, 1StepUp?

We had a guy hit 31 years at our meeting last week. That. Is. So. Fabulous. And he's happy and fun and laid back and lives a full and good life. (His wife comes, too, and she's got around 20 years. She's one of the most non-assumingly brilliant people I've ever met.) There is nothing missing there. And isn't that what our AVs try to tell us? That we're somehow missing out? Well, we're not missing out on anything GOOD. We ARE missing out on hangovers, shakes, fuzzy-mindedness, blackouts, unexplained bruises, selfishness, and disappointing our loved ones. I'm okay with missing out on THAT stuff! We just don't need it. It won't make us happier. It won't make life more fun. Those are lies we believed, but I don't believe them anymore because I've learned the truth.