View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Originally Posted by Riel View Post
There tends to be a lot of resistance to tapering in these forums; I'm of the view that it beats dying of DTs.

That said, benzos are a better path, as it seems you realize.

When I've tapered it's been when I've gotten sicker as the day goes on, instead of feeling better as you do with a simple hangover. The only cure is a bit of alcohol. Typically, when this happens, I've reached the stage where it's hard to hold liquor down so it's not hard to stop at a small amount. I've never followed a schedule of any kind.
I know... I've been reading for awhile on here and I think there is a lot of resistance to tapering... HOWEVER... I find that the psychological strength that many users have shown by being weeks, months, and even years sober is greater than the psychological strength it would take to taper correctly. I need help in following this taper schedule correctly. I will be posting until I finish my taper... I've been drinking for two years...it's just one more week and I've done taper successfully in the past. For me, it's setting up the plan and then excuting said plan effectively.