View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Taper Schedule...

I realized that I need to taper off this week instead of trying to hit rockbottom and just quit. My quit date for both drinking and smoking is March first. I tried to hit rockbottom this weekend. had 200oz of beer sunday from noon until midnight... missed work on Monday... felt ok today but as I approached the 48 hour mark began to sweat profusely and I couldn't deal with the symptoms. I'm not at the right place in my life to go into detox....so I figured that it's been about 40 hours since I drank.

So my taper schedule is this... 1.5 oz of beer every two mins till the BAC hits .06 and then dump the rest of the beer... going to try tomorrow to not have any and then repeat this on thursday at 1.5 oz of beer every 3 mins until bac hit's .04....then friday repeat until BAC hits.04 again, but have 1.5 oz of beer even slower (every 5 mins or so) I just want to begin on march comfortably... has anyone had success with a taper before? I've done it correctly before and it made withdrawals very easy, I fell into the psychological factors and drank again, but I've been through the physical symptoms many times, this has been the easiest way to get through them. My best success was using xanax to help the symptoms but I'm out and I can't get anymore until next week. I DONT want to wait that long to quit... so I figure this is my best option...

I WILL update daily with you all about the psychological symptoms once I get past the physical ones... I'm just worrying about today and today I have to drink due to the physical symptoms. By early next week we can talk just about the psychological ones and deal with that then...I do have anxiety...and thats one of the reasons the physical symptoms are so tough... Much Love...

-Serper