View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Aellyce

You probably have a background "predisposition" for these interests. I recall being intrigued by the same subjects (and more) as a young teen already, before getting into any mind altering substances. But the substances also triggered these interests further. Unfortunately they don't give us the appropriate motivation and discipline to explore them in a constructive way - sobriety is much better, in my opinion.

I actually study some of those things as a job now, making living from my interests in the mind and the brain. Maybe you could consider something "professional" along the lines of your interests as well, seems like you are young The main reason why I finally decided to quit drinking early January this year is because alcohol seriously interfered with my ability to do my work well, and I could not stand that any longer. Plus the effects on health in general, of course. I'm liking my mind sober far better even though it hasn't been a simple challenge to get into recovery. I'm thinking, perhaps your interests would still remain after quitting the weed and you might get a lot more clarity