View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 04:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cap3

Hey walshire,can understand your concerns,here.I have 4 boys,all grown now.Both my hub and i are alcoholics,today sober by God,s Grace and programs.Looking back,i realise thats its not only about the alcoholic,.But how i reacted to the alcoholic,too,that caused many unrest in our home,too.I was a binge drinker,didnt know that i too was alcoholic,for many years,and he was drinking constanly.When he didnt drink it was because he was to sick too.Pretty much an everyday drinker.My kids when younger seemed to accept dad,love him unconditionally.Their dad is their dad is their dad.They were mostly pissed of at me,for trying to get dad to change,.They senced my feelings,and what id say.Those digs that i would give out to him.Those moods id be in..blaming him..My reactions had a ripple effect on our family..Alcoholism is a "family" dissase..It wasnt until i came to both programs AA and al-anon,that our life changed.Hub didnt change for years,.,but came eventually to recovery programs,too.But it didnt matter,for i was learning a new way to live.And that helped everyone alot,not only myself...Today both of us are sober,through God,s grace,one day at a time.As of today my kids dont drink,or drug.I find that they are not so quick to judge folks,but,have an attitude of, live and let live.Relatively happy,living effective lives.My kids witnessed recovery,They never went to any programs,but read alot of litiure,we have at home.God is in their lives.They know that none of these miralces would be,without Him.They witness alcoholism,,and recovery.,and miracles.There are not perfect people,living perfect lives.No one knows the outcome,whether in an alcoholic home or not.Some,kids that are drugging,and drinking,have had none in their homes growing up.Its all got to do with the inside of a person,..Outside dymatics,are only part of the whole...Projecting negitives can only lead to more heart-ache.When God comes first in ones life,miralces are in da works...Through God,make this your best day ever,regardless of what the world and its people are doing.
Thanks for letting me share,,
God Bless,,take care!!!!!!!!