View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
penny9175

Sonyak, I'm so sorry. I know how hard this is, how much it hurts, how sad/mad you feel right now. The sense of why doesn't he love me enough, why doesn't he see that I'm here for him.....DO NOT APOLOGIZE for setting boundaries! That is your right, to protect yourself from the addiction. Look in the mirror and tell yourself, I deserve someone who loves me and doesn't do this to me. Say it daily if you need to, but say it until you believe it.
Don't blame yourself, and you didn't abandon him, he did. It's such a hard road, and everyone's recovery is different - and by that I really mean those of us with addicts in our lives-we have to recover from the damage done. Be good to yourself - you're healing.
Remember, no matter what, YOU ARE important, and don't lose yourself to his addiction. It's so easy to get caught up in it. Him blaming you as his trigger is BS and don't let him do that to you. Don't let him put it on you. It isn't going to be easy, because it's easy for love to trump addiction in our minds, but in the end you will be better for moving on. Sending hugs your way and hoping that every tomorrow is easier for you.