View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
polkadot

Hey I wanted to share that my husband was an alcholic since he was early teenager and through the 17 years we were married. I had two stepchildren I raised and then I left, he had become they said a "dry drunk" and was so hard to live with. I knew how to live with him drinking....... we did not have a good relatiohship..but I did love him so much. When I left in July 1999, asking for me and him to start over. He was more violent to me and I was the only one left at home. So I left. He started drinking and passed away the dr. said to alcholoism. His blood count was really high. I still feel so bad about it all. If I though staying would have helped him not drink I would have stayed for sure!!!!!!! I was so miserable though. I am an addict now and can understand more of what he went through. After he passed away I did anything to escape my feelings of guilt. Then found escapes for any bad thing that arose in my life. Just wanted to share this. I geuss what I am saying we have to stay sober for us and do it for us for this to work. I wish I could have helped him more(my husband) i am 13 years younger than he was and boy did I have a lot to learn! Good Luck and we are all in this together and its nice to know you all are a click away!!!!!!!!