Old 02-23-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

First-off, let's remember that this thread is almost two years old, and the OP'er hasn't been on this site since 4/8/12.

Now, to the original question..............:

"Can I getmy AA one year chip ? If I slipped with drugs."

The answer, per AA (the organisation, not the 'opinions' of any of it's members), would be absolutely yes.

AA has a singleness of purpose (alcohol, alcoholics, alcoholism....no mention of drugs at all). As DoubleBarrel has stated, AA (again the organisation, not the 'opinions' of any of it's members) has no interest in outside issues, and it considers anything other than alcohol an outside issue.

Let's get a wee bit into semantics.........

AA (the org......) uses the term 'sober' which it defines as freedom from alcohol (no mention of any other drugs).

NA (the org......) uses the term 'clean' which it defines as freedom from all mind altering substances (with the exceptions of caffeine and nicotine).

Both AA and NA believe in abstinence.........:

AA believes in abstinence from alcohol; and
NA believes in abstinence from all mind altering substances (with the exceptions of caffeine and nicotine).

.....and btw, these are NOT my opinions, but come from the AA and NA organisations themselves. These are facts which can be checked by going to their individual sites.

(o:
NoelleR