View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Br00ksie
Perpetual Optimist

I went to an AA meeting and then MA old timers meeting and after party. Old timers = 3 people with five or more years each share their experience, strength and hope about their lives before and after MA for 20 mins and then there is a house party immediately following the meeting.

I love AA, but MA feels more like home. I know a lot of people in both fellowships and the MA people are, I dunno, more laid back maybe? Weed addiction is just a little different in a way that speaks more specifically to my nature.

Anyway it was awesome to party with people on my 91st day!! I was asked to speak at another AA meeting in 2 weeks so... There's that. I'm so glad I know what it feels like!

There was a woman who I love so much who recently celebrated a year and I got to give her her coin, which seemed special somehow. She and I haven't interacted much outside of MA meetings, but we vibe on this unspoken level and both of us acknowledge that a true friendship is budding, which is cool.

A bunch of people in the program have said that they notice a change in me which confirms how I am feeling! And the best (and maybe worst?) part is that more will be revealed!

Finally, my work ethic in sobriety has done a 180!!!! I have never been to work on time this consistently and that is the tip of the iceberg. I am so much more humble and I internalize things less and I am making an effort and I am trying to be good for ME, because it feels good to be good at what i do, even if that is folding towels!

Ok I have to wake up early tomorrow, so here goes another night with little sleep. I am exhausted but it feels so good to be active!!! It has been way too long and I forgot how much I thrive when I have to fit things (like sleep) between other things with a deadline and/or consequences as opposed to having a lot of time to do whatever, whenever (if that makes any sense?)

Goodnight Sobtember friends!