View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by kleigh View Post
Welcome, MTV! Congrats on the 3.5 weeks so far. Thank you for your post...I really enjoyed it, and related with so much of it.

End of Day 8 for me. Watching my husband get a little bit drunk throughout the night was interesting--it definitely quelled most of the AV thoughts that popped up throughout the night.

The only time where I felt the sad pang of "never again" was while watching "Downton Abbey," of all things. A couple characters were having a nice moment over a small glass of champagne...and it just made me sad to think that I will never be able to share in something like that ever again. I know it's an attempt at AV rationalization, but it still feels like a loss.
8 Sober Days - congratulations, kleigh; well done. I understand that "sad pang of 'never again'" and it does feel like a loss. I went out to dinner tonight and my friends ordered a bottle of beautiful chardonnay; my AV was screaming at the top of his lungs. If I can think past "the moment", remember the past, and anticipate the horrors of tomorrow, I am okay. My AV voice has quieted over time but he knows my weaknesses and tries to capitalize on them - clever little demon.

Again, congratulations on Day 8.