View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

2 weeks today, but I have been here so many times. AV has been in and out today, but just keep telling it NO. Took my daughter to a bd party earlier today (3 & 4 year olds). Part started at 11am and the father was offering us adult beverages. WTF? A could of dad's had beer and the Mom of the bd girl kept talking about how she was going to make margaritas later if anyone wanted to stay. I feel like I can't get away from it!! I drank Diet Dr Pepper and left before the margaritas started, but seriously. Didn't think I would have to deal with alcohol temptation at a 4 year olds bd party (did I mention it started at 11am??). Ugh. Home now and exhausted.

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep fighting the good fight. Some days are great and some are hard, but it's worth it every morning when we wake up hangover free
Way to go, Ladybug; you hit the two week mark for sobriety AND resisted all kinds of temptation - all on the same day. It's really hard to escape the drinking crowd; they're everywhere; it's really tough when you have made a plan to stay within a "safety zone" and up pops the devil at a child's b.d. party. But you declined; you rock, Ladybug.