View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
kleigh

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Heading to bed now but I just spent the past 3 hours texting my ex. He barely texted back it was just me going on and on about everything that's happened with us. It was a waste of time, my heart is racing and my stomach is in knots. This is the kind of crap I would do for years when I was drunk. Now I'm 20 days sober and acting like I'm drinking a bottle of wine. This man and our dynamic is toxic to me and my well being. I know this, yet I am pulled to it anyway, just like drinking. Our relationship, just like mine with alcohol, has run it's course and what is left is unhealthy and I have outgrown it. I honestly do not want to be with him again, I just can't stand the idea of him with someone else. And I know that isn't right either.
Given the choice I guess I'm glad I just caved texting him and allowing myself to feel so obsessive rather caving into drinking . At least I will sleep well and wake up without a hangover. It was the lesser of two evils but still not good for me emotionally at all. I feel weak and desperate.
It sounds like it was almost cathartic for you to go through that while sober. If texting your ex was something you always did while drunk, it was probably impossible to see the true dynamic behind it all. Now that you've done it without simultaneously drinking, the truth stands out a little bit more, it sounds like. To me, it sounds like a big step in the right direction and a whole lot of healthy self-awareness.