View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
HighSpirit

Morning all! Day 7.

I cannot believe I have made it this far so thank you all for your support. I have not been 7 days without a drink for over 10 years!

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
Is it because I've been drinking for 28 years? Because I do not even know life sober? This is such a foreign concept to me. I admit that I've always been the self-proclaimed "party girl" (since 15 years old - well, alcoholic but it just sounds better) and I've thought non-drinkers were just uptight dorks who didn't know how to cut loose. What is more fun - this or sobriety? I have no idea anymore.
Neither do I. Take today as an example. Its a glorious sunny Saturday here in London and what am I doing? Nothing. Sweet FA. Why? Because I dont even know what I like anymore or who I really am but... I'm looking forward to finding out.

Originally Posted by Delphine View Post
Day 11 almost over.

I spend a lot more time thinking now. My thoughts are more lucid, but my cognition is still impaired. I am still getting off track pretty easily and am incredibly moody. I have always had this very harsh inner critic and sometimes I drank to make that voice go away temporarily. The inner critic is still successful in making me feel like crap, but a new voice has also appeared. This voice tells me to be proud of myself for staying sober and to respect the progress I'm making. The last time I was consistently proud of any accomplishments was about 10 years ago.
Again this post amazes me just how others feel the same as I do. I can relate to lots of people here in so many ways and this is just another. Keep up the good work Delphine. You should be proud of yourself.

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Hello everyone. I have to admit, I absolutely can not keep up. I'd like to get to know this group, but I fear I am not very good at getting to know others.

I rarely check in. Although, to me, a few times a day is a lot. But it seems like I never have enough time to read up.
Hello Ilya, It's taken me the best part of an hour to catch up and create this reply but it's worth it. Sorry to here your back to day 1 I really am. At least your still a Febbie though Stay strong.

Originally Posted by WBoarder View Post
Visited my first group session, which transitioned to an AA meeting next door. The AA meeting was especially fulfilling because there was so much I could relate to. I think this is drawing day two to an end.
Good work WB and welcome again to The Class of Feb 2014

LS - My day 7 comrade, keep it up mate. I always look forward to your posts because I know we are both at the same stage in recovery. I actually think your coping very well indeed but you have a few demons that need excorcising.

I'd also like to add that I think Dee74 is an outstanding person. Not only beaten the booze but provides us all with so much insight and wisdom to help us through our difficult journeys.

I'm off out now to enjoy the sunshine, take a big breath of fresh air and reminisce about how good this used to feel. I'll probably drop a tear or 2 in the process but it's all part of the healing process.

Thank you all for being here and have a great and sober day/evening/sleep.

HS