View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Briggsy75

Good Morning Everyone,

Why do I always wake up so early, 7-days a week? Being sober has nothing to do with it, I get 7-8 hrs of sleep and my body wakes up. Day 20 for me today, it's 0615am here in the UK. Had a rough afternoon/night dealing with the daughter's I-Phone 5, which she went to update and now it's stuck in "recovery mode"... pretty ironic isn't it : 0..Last 4-hrs of my night wasn't good, but in the end just put the computer and her phone down and decided tomorrow is another day, I'll deal with it then when I'm not so pissed! Took some smoke breaks (next habit to quit after 90-120 days of sobriety), wife allowed me to be pissed which helped and then I went up to bed and read about 4-pgs of SR threads. It's definitely calming for some reason.

I really think I'm able to make a conscious decision to not drink even when I have a rough day. If you recall, when I made the decision to quit I still had a cabinet full of various liquor/alcohol. It's still there and I haven't even taken as much as a "sniff". I think I can look at it, and not make a drink because beer has always been my #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 choice of booze. Now, I'm not saying that previously I haven't ran out or needed a bigger boost and switched from time to time or within one evening. I saw a couple of posts on FB this morning, which got me thinking about this subject this am..."Sometimes it's not about the mess you made, but about how you clean it up", and "You determine how far you go in life, nobody else".

I basically interpret these as it's up to each of us to recognize we have a problem, have a desire to change it and then fully commit to changing the problem. With me, although it's only been 20-days, my desire/commitment to "no more drinking" because I've never been able to only have one beer or only one 6-pack or one 12-pack, allows me to open the cabinet to get my dog a treat and stare at a large 1.75Ml of Jack and not have an urge to make a drink.

Okay, done rambling and need more coffee. Hope everyone has plans for the weekend to keep them busy. My days are full with my vehicles, home office and conclusion of the Olympics!

Hope everyone has a good Saturday and Sunday and stay focused on things to accomplish this weekend and make it to Monday with more days under your belts!