View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BuddyIV

Walsie, I have 2 teenage boys and I raised them with a father who has always worked hard and drank hard. I thought I was protecting my children by always being there for them, setting a good example by not drinking and talking to them about drinking. They are good boys, but in the past year my husband has taken the kids and put them in situations I don't approve of. Yes they are older and adore their father and thought nothing of it. One example I mentioned was letting my son drive with his permit, and my husband drinking in the car. I didn't grow up with alcohol and never imagined things like they are now. I am just thankful for the internet because I've never discussed my husband's drinking with anyone. Now, I will do what it takes to keep my boys on the right track. It won't be easy.
I know you will do the right thing, you've proven that by asking for advice. I'm a beginner, but have read some great words of wisdom here and what's really great is you will always have someone to talk to!