Thread: Scared straight
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
EverySngleNight

Nevr- First of all, wow- you're doing amazing!! I am so glad that you are sober, especially with your previous health issues!

I had some heart issues in the past which spontaneously resolved- right before I had to have an ablation procedure. Nowadays they kind of come and go. It's weird, and the doctors have no real answers for me. I can relate. It's REALLY scary when your body is doing something beyond your control, especially when it could lead to something serious. Yes, it's tempting to accuse someone of being a hypochondriac- but until you've experienced a scary medical issue that could drop you at any second, that's out of your control completely- you can't understand how terrifying it is! I'm pretty hyper-vigilant after all I've been through too.

That said, you know your body better than anyone. If that Doctor wasn't hearing you and you don't feel satisfied by your treatment- get a 2nd opinion! I know doctors can't stand me sometimes, but they don't get my respect simply for their degrees. I've worked with some outstanding docs and some that are actually P'sOS, and/or just bad at their jobs. Being a doctor doesn't remove your flaws as a human being (no matter how much some of them think it does). I've had doctors give me information that is flat out wrong, and had I listened- it could've lead to serious problems for me. Trust your gut and get that 2nd opinion if you aren't happy with your care!

Congrats on your sober time. You should be super proud of yourself! :-)