Thread: Scared straight
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NevrAgain

So it's day 24 of dropping everything. To recap that's alcohol, opiates, marijuana, tobacco, and even coffee. I still have a an odd tension in my head and am often worrying about my health and thinking about things I shouldn't be. Some days are better than others, but I'm so tired of this feeling. Yesterday was pretty good, but in the midst of feeling decent for once, and watching a movie, I had that overwhelming feeling in my head again (pretty depressing). It just creeps over me and usually gets worse unless I fight it off. I thought I had it under control but when I tried to say something to my brother I could barely get my words out. It's always scares me. I'm in the mindset where I jump to the worst, and start thinking things like, "Is it a stroke, or do I have a blood clot somewhere?" I went to the doctor today and told him where I'm at. I told him I'm at the point where I just want to get a barrage of tests. He didn't even set me up for some blood tests.. Dealing with him is very frustrating as I never seem to get any results. And to top it off he said that he doesn't think it's from withdrawals because it's been too long, and that just makes me think about what else is wrong.. I thought withdrawal symptoms could last for a month or more.