View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
matt4x4

Time to tell your parents you have a problem with the booze. If they are normal they will understand and hide the booze, or better yet lock it up. If not then its time to move out. But even hiding the booze, your brain will think and try to find it. The brain is a quirky organ, I have learned a lot about it. I am interested in learning about human behaviours and why they happen. But I am sure its a complicated field, and I better just keep working at my job, go to meetings, and work the steps. I am attending a meeting a day these days, thats amazing for the decades I have in. But I go in phases, I am weaning off the roaming around to meetings part, and getting more involved in my home group. The majority of the people there are living in the solution rather then most people in most meetings are always living in the problem. I find my thought pattern and happiness level is way higher when i sorround myself with people who are working the steps and spreading the information thats in the big book on how to stay sober. I have noticed with some of the meetings that I have roamed around to, that when they start moaning and complaining about this that or the other, its not helpful, not one bit. This is different coming from a newcomer or a freshie in for his first meeting. All they know is to moan and complain. But when there are old timers moaning, people with years in, it gets sad quickly. Now my homegroup, most of them are talking about how we stay sober on a daily basis. They are cracking jokes related to recovery. They are smiling. They are bringing the coffee kettle around to fill up the coffee cups. They are happy, joyous and free. I just find it awesome. We are a bunch of people that would not normally mix, but we come together for a common goal.