View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
kkallday21

I went through a similar situation with my son’s father, the only difference was we weren’t married. We were together for 10yrs, so it’s like a marriage… I had a restraining order, numerous of police reports, etc. but for some odd reason in Philadelphia none of that mattered…It always seemed that no matter what he did or how much pain and stress he caused, he always got away with it.. That in itself definitely made matters worse.. It was one of the hardest times of my life. I can honestly say, I didn’t want to live anymore.. I thought things would never be ok and that the pain would be forever… He continuously took me to court for custody, child support and whatever else he could.. He wouldn’t show most of the time, but did it just to make my life harder.. He didn’t work so he had all the time in the world, but I did.. Thankfully my job at that time was very understanding… Right now things may seem overwhelming, but please trust that everything will work out as it should and through it all – you will be ok, I promise  I have been there before and it’s now a few years later and I am in place I never thought I could ever be…

I just recently quickly ended a relationship with another addict and although I am feeling alot of the same pain and confusion, it’s my hardships from my past that show me I will be ok if I just keep on taking it one day at a time… Stay strong, keep posting, pray and attend meetings... Xoxo