View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nice2nou

I was almost exactly were you are in my marriage except I was drinking with my hubby. I quit first which made it very very hard to watch him continue to drink in front of me. We did not go the AA route. I just had enough and decided to change and lead by example and he began to see how happy I was and how miserable he was. My mother said it best..it's almost like your husband is mourning a death. It was his and your life style for so long it's hard to get back to that normal sparked up sexy relationship we once had. Life just seemed boring if we were not drinking. First of all, do you love your husband? What made you fall in love with him? I don't know how long you have been married, but it sounds like long enough to know you love this man. If you really wanted to be gone you would have by now. This is just my opinion, everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Getting into a relationship with another man right now only will satisfy yourself temporarily. Sorry but your not thinking about your kids or husband sounds like you do not want to put in any effort on your side? He did his time in rehab now let him be sad or mad or cold for a while. This is expected. Put him back into your bed every night even if you don't feel like it, just do it. Give him that sexy woman he fell in love with years ago. Get a babysitter and make time for the 2 of you. Take charge of this situation even if you do not feel like it. Fake it till you make it. I promise you, if you love this man things will come back. Distance and telling your friends personal problems is not the answer. Do everything you can as long as he is working on his part and I promise you the love and fire can come back!!! Please just don't give up before giving it your all. Much love your way!