View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
SadWife7

I tried finding narcanon meetings in my area, and I had no luck. I'm willing to go to whichever meetings I need to...The program I found is through a catholic hospital which is technically non profit I believe. They do have financial help available, but he wouldn't be able to sign up for the program until that was figured out. The lady did say that they would bill our ins and when they got something (well, or nothing) back from them we would get a bill and I could set up payments. So at least I would not have to come up with several thousand before he could get help.
Thank your for your view on the suboxone, CleaninLI. His friend being on it has made me not like it because I don't like the friend. (there isn't really anything wrong with him besides his own addiction, I've known him for years and he is just....kind of an idiot. We almost dated and he strung me along for a long time so I do not have a high opinion of him, but it is absolutely biased lol) He is definitely dealing with depression, but to me it seems like it is all in a cycle with his addiction. But breaking the pill use cycle won't fix the mental state.
My mother's opinion of his dad is that as long as hubby is a failure, then his dad is still going to be important and needed in his life. That once hubby succeeds with his family life, & financially, he will start realizing that his dad has failed and remove him from the crazy high pedestal he currently has him on. He got to be the disneyland dad, turned the other way when he was 17 and drinking at his dads house, gave him tramadol or didnt do anything when he stole it from him, instead of teaching consequences. What blows my mind is he has been going to AA for prob 15 years, speaks at things, super involved in it. (his drunk driving killed his best friend when they were 16) And yet he has failed with his son so badly.
His dad told him the other day that since we can't afford the lawyer bill for his legal deal, then just don't pay it. Don't stress about it since you don't have the money, just don't pay it. (hubby did not think he was right at least) OMG. He's filed bankruptcy twice. He has no ability to give financial advice!! And it is a bill. It must be paid. Whether we go begging to his grandma or get a loan against our car or use every bit of our tax money or maybe even call the lawyer to set up a payment plan (my first choice) it will be paid.
Alright...since I realize I am just ranting about his dad, I am going to go get ready for work. I just can't stand him. He is so, nice. He acts like he cares so much. But if you try to rely on him, he isn't there. We moved into our house, he was going to fix our oven since it didn't work, well, 8 months later I still don't have an oven. And he wanted me to pay someone to fix the piece of crap instead of buying a cheap used one. The guy he wanted me to hire agreed with me that it isn't worth fixing.
He probably would do family therapy. I don't think I would want to sit through that. Of course I would, but ick.
RIGHT. No more procrastinating, time to be productive.