View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
graceandbeauty0

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Don't feel sorry for yourself, we have all done what you've done many times. That love they give us is so strong and so needing that it's hard to want to let it go. We develop a very codependent relationship with them, and until you start focusing on your issues (which sadly we all have), you will keep going back to him.

I don't doubt he meant everything he said to you. I've heard the same thing over and over again from my exabf and I stayed with him every single time. I trusted he'd get clean and we'd get married and have babies, and the sad part was he finally was clean and sober and working a program, and he ended up dumping me in the end anyway. Which in the end hurts a million times more than if I would of just left when he was using.

But everything happens for a reason, and for me personally, I always told myself I didn't want our relationship to end just because of his addiction, and I guess I got what I wanted, but I also never thought it was going to end.

You'll be okay. you don't have to break up with him, only you can decide that. But maybe try an al anon meeting. They help me every time I need something. they understand what you're going through. and through it you learn to make decisions that benefit you in the end even if it causes pain and heart ache at that time. God bless