View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stung

Ugh. Thanks guys. I have my appointment with my counselor today too so I'll be bringing this up with her. I didn't say anything to him when it happened, I've been mulling it over internally with the possibility that I would forget it after a few days. Nope, still on my mind. I think bickering in front of her would actually justify what he was saying (and cause way more damage than his comments alone) but I would have been mad for a whole different reason. So I just sat there and figured that she wouldn't know what he was talking about. I do let her choose her own snacks out of the fridge...he wouldn't know that though.

I'll talk to him about it in a non judgmental or blamey way. The problem is that he's hyper sensitive to criticism like I am (one day that will be a WAS not am!) but he's also trying really hard to be understand where I'm coming from.

JustAGirl - yes, all of them. When I was a teen I argued with my mom. A lot. That could ONLY mean that *I* had problems so to therapy we went and she sat in on them all because she was suffering so much because I argued so much. But I never went consistently. I have no idea how therapy with adolescents or teens is supposed to go but I feel now that it would have been a lot better if she would have just not been in there so I could have vented about her. I didn't need her directing me or telling me what she thought my problems were at that point.