View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Sin City Sobriety

Fifty-Three days for me today, and so far one day / one night in Vegas behind me.

I've got over a week left.

LAAAAASSS VEEGAAASSSSSS..... the very epicenter of alcohol and it's allure and glorification! Free booze everywhere.

Yesterday I had a couple of fleeting thoughts - not quite 'gee maybe I could drink just a little' thoughts, but more like brief images of joining my colleagues and it being "fine". Had to consciously refocus my thoughts to playing out the tape and reminding myself where that would lead.

I'm sure I will make it through this trip without drinking, but I hadn't expected to have those images crop up so soon and sudden. Anyway, gonna find myself a meeting this evening and start my day out going to the gym and I know that I will honor my sobriety and I know that the days ahead will hold a lot of insights as I watch others' partake of alcohol and the activities of the events revolve around alcohol. I know too that these probably won't be the last of the images or the feelings that arise about my own use, my own alcoholism, perhaps even temptations.... but I am going to log on here when I can. I am going to get to a few meetings. I am going to fade the situations that are really high-risk and focus on my sobriety and my health throughout this trip.

I will appreciate thoughts, prayers, intentions being sent my way by any of you who are so-inclined.... I count you in the mysterious circle of influence that I consider my Higher Power.

Have a great SOBER day everyone.