View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
scintillady

I am exactly the same. Until recently nobody knew how bad my problem with alcohol was, then a few people caught on. My daughter and a couple of my best friends know now, and I can't say that it really has helped. Now I feel like I'm in a fishbowl, with them watching me to see if I'll slip up. My partner and I recently parted ways, and I got a new roommate, and I feel like she and my daughter communicate together about me and she tells my daughter things that are none of er business. As for being an actress, I have done that for decades. Everyone believing I had such a great marriage, family,
job (which is the only real good thing I DID have) nice home, volunteering at school, ect. In reality, I was depressed, in debt, living with a husband who was emotionally not there for me, hoarding so that the outside of my house looked OK but I didn't want anyone to come over, and finally got divorced. the best thong I've done in my life is to bring up a nice, responsible, loving daughter, and if I don't get the alcohol under control I could even lose her, so I need to keep at it.