View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

formyboys----I think that we may want for there to be a Justice for what we have suffered and what we gave and sacrificed. To be compensated (somehow) for the fact that we were the "good and innocent ones" and they were the ones that did us bad. We operate from the position of Right and Wrong--and "universal" laws that govern this position.

I can remember that HAMMER made a statement that stuck with me---but, I can't reproduce his exact words---that the addict tends to operate from their feelings and we operate from philosophical rules---or something like this. I believe he was right on this!

The addict suffers the consequences of their actions----and so do we---if we entangle our lives with an addict (no matter how it came about) we receive the consequences of that. There is no right or wrong---it just is. We can't escape the fact that we have to do what we have to do to take care of ourselves as best we can---to take care of our OWN survival.

Living life as well as we can is the only "right" that I am aware of. I think that is where the saying: "Living well is the best revenge"...I think it is the only revenge.

I know how hard this is for you...

dandylion