View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LeeD82

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
Yeap, the body won't be 20yrs old forever and as it ages pouring ever increasing amounts of alcohol into it has worse results each time.

Well in the end I found that I couldn't moderate, as in have just 1 or 2 drinks on a night out or a night in, it would just spiral into a binge and I'd drink until I blacked out, which was following my normal routine, as you say it's a paradox, but addiction can square any circle it needs to, in order to get what it wants.

So the answer for me was going Sober, I'm only Sober since Nov, and in that time I don't now have all that looking forward to the next drink, dealing with 2 day hangovers etc etc.

At the end of the day, something has to give, either it's alcohol, or the human body has it's limits!!

Yeah, I've always been the kind of guy who can't possibly do just 1 or 2 drinks.

Truth be told, just 1 or 2 drinks makes me feel like crap. Once I start, I need more to feel good. Until I hit the bottom of a dozen pint glasses.

I am functional in the rest of my life. But I'm finding it increasingly difficult to keep the act up.