View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jorik

My first 11 days

Day 1 trough 4 went great, occasional cravings but had it under control
Day 5 all of a sudden i was shaking.. really anxious, sweating from 11 am.( which i never ever took a drink before ). My hearthrate was probably around 190 for hours. Day 5 i gave in and had 8 glasses of wine and all the anxiety went away.. That same night i was so very very pissed at myself for drinking that i went to the doctor next morning to explain what happened.
He gave some mild tranquilizer for when this happens.
Now i have been reading lots of posts here and other helpfull webpages but a lot of them contradict each other. For excemple tranquilizers is never good cause you get addicted to those instead of alcohol..
Some say take sugar when you got a bad craving like a klondike bar.. other say don't cause the sugar get you more pumped up.
Some say go jogging others say go and try to relax yourself with a movie or music
Day 6 till 8 and went ok with again some mild cravings.. those are easy to erase with avrt ( which i was thankfully linked on my first day sober)
day 9-11 were really bad again. Cravings started to come early again.
Day 10 i took a tranquilizer (lorazepam 1 mg)
So i would like some good advice pls!
about cravings comming in the end of the morning ( does it keep comming earlier?)
taking sugar to relieve the alcohol(sugar), go jogging or try to relax etc etc

(I live on a small island where there is not much help in this area)