Old 02-17-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Turninganewleaf View Post
I believe if I had a job that paid 100,000 a year that would be the most important thing to keep. Yes, you can be fired for being an alcoholic in certain jobs. Would you want a drunken pilot or drunk doctor operating on you?? I've been to many rehabs. Most of them were people who had lost everything. The Salvation Army rehab I attended almost 75% were homeless.

Well just to reiterate for anyone else reading this: there are different types of rehabs. I have been to several. None had homeless people (not that I would have cared much at the time). I was with mainly middle class people, whom I identified with. I was at one rehab, where everyone was extremely successful (it was a little intimidating actually - as I am a boring housewife with no career). I believe the Salvation Army rehab (as mentioned above) is for homeless people, or for those court ordered. Nothing wrong with either (being homeless or court ordered) - but the point is there are different types of rehabs. Most are middle of the road, and house 'regular' people with jobs and insurance.