Thread: Little update
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lewis73

Little update

Just thought I'd update on my life for those who followed thus far (and for those who haven't but feel it never gets any better)

All is very, very good

Kids split their time between me and their mum.....and enjoy both equally. They are happier than they have been in ages and are always doing something with one of us. They are also doing more stuff without us - in a good way. They go out with friends more than they used to.....it's like they are happy to leave the home knowing it's not going to be a war zone on their return.

Daughter is good.....again, really happy with life. Her boyfriend is fine, as they go! She made him some valentines cakes (and didn't go mad when I stole one....so that's a good sign) She has a good mix of being independent and spending time with me and her brothers. We don't go out as much as I'd like.....but she's an 18 year old girl - they aren't supposed to want to hang with dad at the weekend! I can't recall her last fight with her brothers....and they used to be daily and brutal.

House is just a lot less stressed.

Wife still drinks....probably always will. Doesnt drink as much, doesnt drink and drive and the boys know what to be aware of.

She is currently going through a "I hate my husband with everything I have" phase....don't really care. Not my problem, hope she finds happy....but whatever. As long as the kids are fine with her, and they are.

Daughter doesnt talk to her....that might take years - but it's not my relationship to push. They will talk in time.

Me...happy.

Life still has it's hassles....divorce, house sale, bills.....but thats not my life - thats just stuff in my life that I deal with and move forward.

So.....as my kids say "all good in da hood"