Thread: Scared straight
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NevrAgain

Scared straight

I had been smoking weed pretty heavily for about 7 years, and as of a year ago I started drinking and smoking tobacco. I enjoyed smoking tobacco with weed for the head rushes it would give. It was like I was always looking for a way to get messed up. Probably the last thing I should have been doing considering I have an arrhythmia every now and then. I've even had a cardiac ablation in 2010. Seems so stupid now. The amount of alcohol steadily increased to the point of a mickey of vodka a day. Sure enough I started making bad decisions, one of which was trying oxy's. I started with 20mg's and the next thing I knew it was 40mg's, and after that I decided I'd try snorting them. The whole oxy process lasted a few months at least. I'm not sure because my memory hasn't been so good lately, not to mention the alcohol/oxy haze I was in. I've been clean from weed, alcohol, tobacco, and opiates for 19 days now. The decision to quit everything came after I almost fainted (at least that's what I think it was) one night. I've been dealing with the physical symptoms, but what's really getting me down is the mental part of it. I've been having really bad anxiety and always worrying about my health. I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac and I feel that the withdrawals might accentuate that. Smoking marijuana was my comfort zone and I'm even afraid to do that now..