View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Thanks Odelle...

I did reach out and clarify that I really didn't wish to be a downer, that she needn't try to fix my mood and that it's not about her or us.... explaining some of the issues that are weighing on me.

I do understand her perspective a bit... because I also feel that way sometimes when she's having a rough time and is unable to see her way through a mood or a challenge or emotion to something positive to uplift her and carry her. I get discouraged; that I can't 'fix' it, that it's an energy impacting my own happiness... etc.

I think you're right, it's a challenge in any committed relationship because we're humans and like it or not our own 'stuff' is at times going to cause our significant others to run aground of theirs or to have reactions which trigger us....

Anyway - thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate it and I do think that having an outlet like SR so that she's not the default 'dumping ground' for my need to express my negative is important. It's important that I communicate some of what's bothering me to her - but also it's probably equally important that it doesn't wind up becoming imbalanced. Nobody likes to feel that their loved one is just constantly complaining and grumpy.

thank you.