View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Odelle

Congratulations on 50 days FreeOwl. I wish I had the magic words to lighten your mood but unfortunately what you are experiencing is what I consider to be one of the perils of living in a committed relationship. As a woman, it’s hard to separate ourselves from our SO’s obvious or stated feelings of disappointment; as though it is reflects on us as contributing to the disappointment. It’s possible that your GF took it to heart. Maybe a hug and reassurance that your down mood has nothing to do with your relationship with her? Learning to communicate is key to a healthy relationship; good and bad.

Don’t take her negative response personally; it’s a prime example of how she may have taken your acknowledgement of your feelings.

In early recovery, it seems to be somewhat common to have erratic emotions ranging from euphoria to what you are experiencing today, just blah. It really does help to get it out, so if your GF isn’t receptive at the moment you need to express yourself, keep posting here because there a lot of people going through the same thing and can totally relate.