View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
m1k3

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Excellent advice given. I sort of had a plan when I posted this but your replies have helped clear things up in my head.

Since I am a sci-fi geek I have come up with an approach that combines that and the good info I received here. For the next week I am going to use a visual meditation where I see myself turning off the analog/android version living in my head. I don't need it anymore. In addition I am going to focus my mindfulness on shutting down any internal conversations with the analog. I used this in the past when dealing with the fights I was having in my head with my AW. If I can break the circuit, so to speak, then the conversations will die off on there own.

I also want to make clear that this is a minor issue. I've cut 99 of 100 ropes tying us together. This is the last one and it's not the hardest. The first 30 or so where much harder than this. It's just that deep down I know it's over but if I don't cut this rope there is still a little connection with my wife, if not my AW. I hope that make sense.

It was also good to hear that I'm not the only one dealing with this. It makes it easier when you can see this is a normal part of the process and maybe isn't so weird after all.

Hammer, if I get your reference right where I'm at is just barely at the far side of the looking glass working up the courage to step back. I've been so long on the far side that it's hard to take that last step. Edit: The closest I can come to it was when I got out of the Marines. I looked forward to that day for so long and then I get home and I find out being home was scary. It's not that home had changed that much, I had.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Your friend,