View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Hi and welcome to Sr.

I, too, believed my husband only had a "pill problem." When in fact, he was already a full blown addict. I had no idea how progressive drug addiction was. I thought I could give him ultimatums to stop. I was very wrong. The financial devastation was/is almost too surreal to believe.

My husbands brain had literally been changed (rewired) forever. Pills (feeding his addict brain) were his only love and concern. Please learn all you can about addiction because trust me, you are no match for it.

Unless your husband truly wants help, he will lie, manipulate, deflect, blame shift...and get sneakier in hiding it. Most addicts want to keep their families in tact, so they don't have to deal with the consequences. The disease lies to them. I am not that bad, I still have....... Addiction is cunning, baffling and powerful.

A RA once posted....addicts love drugs and use people not use drugs and love people. I have come to the conclusion this is a very true statement. This a life long disease, that can resurface at any time and usually does.

Here is great post from a well educated poster. There are many great threads in the sticky section to begin learning about addiction.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-10-times.html