View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MadeinAmerica

On a new journey...

Hi,

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. A little backround for you guys; I've struggled with alcohol for the past 6-7 years and always thought I could control my usage. Well, Tuesday, I quit fooling myself. I was coming off a six day binge when I finally realized I can not live like this anymore. The eye opener for me occurred on Monday night, when I couldn't even make home from the store before drinking. I ended up two beers deep before I finally got home. This literally scared the living **** out of me and I knew something had to change. Once home, I slammed beer after beer till they were gone. Tuesday morning comes and I start putting a plan together, which included finding this site. I reached out to friends, family, and various recovery resources. I lurked for the past two days before I decided to join tonight to share my story. I've got to tell you these past two days sober, have been better than any day drinking, I've had in past 7 years. Grateful for where I'm at now versus two days ago. Now the real work begins...

Going to get in on the 24 hour thread now,

Dave