Thread: brain lapses
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JackieC

brain lapses

I wasn't sure what to call this because I don't know what they are but for the past few days I've been experiencing these moments where I mean to say one word and end up saying a different, unrelated word. Or, even weirder, sometimes mixing up letters between words. Examples just from today: My neighbors were walking by our house and I meant to call out "Hi guys!" but instead called out "Guy Highs!" Then later when I was driving with my kids, I meant to tell my daughter that we'd do valentine cards when we got home and I said "We'll do valentine houses when we get home." I sort of feel like I'm losing my mind!

Stuff like that, but continually throughout the past three days. I'm only 42 and though I have of course experienced lots of memory loss in my time, never anything like this.

I'm on Day 53 and was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this. I don't want to suddenly blame anything and everything on the fact that I quit drinking but maybe it's an effect of quitting that I don't know about?

Stymied,
Jackie