View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lunatik

My Journey (was I hate this feeling)

I understand that I am currently in the detox phase and that the depression and self loathing will pass, but I hate this feeling. After spending my weekend on a bender I decided this morning that I need to stop drinking. Had a very long and candid talk with the spouse regarding my actions. I can understand her skepticism given my past promises to cut back/stop. Last time I made it a whole 4 days (big whoop). She has faith and has said she will help however she can, but I'm not sure she can other than providing morale support.

I joined this forum in hopes to find the support from people who have been in my shoes and can understand what is going on in my mind. I have already had the voices tell me to give up and go get a beer and trying to convince me that quitting is a stupid idea. In all honesty, I'm scared. Scared I will fail again, scared that this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I have forgotten what it is like to be sober. Not really looking for much other than an anonymous network to vent to. I know in a couple days I will feel like I have it under control again; it always happens that way. That is when I will really need the support.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-14-2014 at 03:54 AM.