View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

In the early days any of us can quit for a time. Eventually some challenge comes to us and drinking perhaps looks attractive enough to consider justifying a drink. At that moment things can change or they can remain the same old same old. Whatever the choice made, in whatever way its made, life goes on sober or drunk. Knowing this can create a new understanding of how important and powerful your choices can be in your life. Some quit and just naturally do the thing they need to do to stay quit and make for themselves a better life. Some others quit and for a time need to help others and be helped in return and from there they move on with a better life. And still others need to fully invest and engage for an undefined time, and from there they create a better life as they continue to freely give back to others while also receiving.

I am not new at this recovery thing. If you read this whole thing, I thank you for your time. I had to write my frustration out here, where else can I do it. just doing this make me feel that I am back to being the sober me. Thank you
In your own words above of sharing with others, just in doing so makes you feel back to being sober, so this is really a significant insight into yourself and how you can proceed and continue forward without failing yourself. Keep the sharing going. Keep doing what works for YOU. Don't ever settle for generalizations and works-for-every-body-else solutions. One size recovery approaches usually fail big time for those individuals who want the very best from themselves going forward. You obviously want more than one size for all. Bravo!