View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Brooksie, that Barbie still wasn't realistic enough for my taste. Did you see the picture going around of the plus-size Barbie with the double chin? That's more like it!

What is "the artist's way?"

I am finally safely back on my diet and exercise plan. I had been going gung-ho with lots of adrenaline for about a month--then I started wavering and compromising and skipping exercise. For three or four days my whole day revolved around stuffing chocolate caramel macadamia nut clusters into my face at 105 calories apiece.

That pattern has happened to me every time I've deliberately tried to diet (three times in my life I lost significant amounts of weight by getting out of the house and doing a job that I really loved and was completely absorbed in). Regular diets have always been a failure.

But this time, for the first time, I have managed to battle back. First, I forced myself to exercise, even after I had binged on the candy. Then I had my husband put a new combination lock on the door where the candy is stored (we have big bins of it, because we set up our church's guest reception every Sunday. So it wasn't even my own candy--I was STEALING FROM THE CHURCH! SPAWN OF SATAN! [I paid them back]).

So I've been eating in a modest and disciplined way for four days now. It feels like a year. I am pleased to say that I feel very distant from the binging of last week. I found that exercising to a beat is the key thing to keeping me faithful; otherwise I hate exercise like poison.