Thread: Howdy! And PAWS
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Goose1

Hello Animal - I certainly can relate to what you are going through. I am on day 87 of my Sobriety. And of late believe I have PAWS symptoms. Sometimes I will bring the stress from work home or the most simple thing can irritate me into a mood swing or anger me to the point of snapping. I don't like it and have noticed it happening. For me, I am so blessed. I have a wife that understands what I am going through. And I actually read these symptoms to her and the way to combat them. Concern is that these symptoms can actually trigger a relapse. I look for ways to de-stress. No-thing can be that important, even PAWS to make me pick up and drink. These symptoms usually pass with in a few moments. And the kicker is that we should actually look at these symptoms as though they are helping our brain to heal. OK - I'm up for that. I feel all newcomers to Sobriety should know about PAWS. Here is a website I have been reading. I hope it is OK to post it. Thanks for sharing - anything to Stay Sober.... Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies