Thread: Howdy! And PAWS
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fishsmacker

Originally Posted by theanimal View Post
Thank you for the support, both of you!

I've read about the symptoms, and they kinda align, but not that much. I'm normally a little hot tempered, and that's one thing I'm hoping to change.

One of the hardest things so far, is that the first week or 2 without a drink gets me REALLY active. I feel smart, full of great ideas, get a lot done, impress those I work around, etc. Living a higher performance lifestyle has been a big motivator for me to go sober. I want to experience things my non-drinking friends my age do (fortunately I have a few of these friends these days). But PAWS slowing me down and making me dumb is frustrating!
Hello there,I can seriously relate to whats up in your life right now,as in your personal inner senses. I feel some what lost sometimes,thoughts not processing as quick as they should,memory all jacked up, anxiety heavy,worries of impending doom,uhm not really knowing this new inner person,& feal kinda odd & outta place.I'm sober now for 5 months & still going thru PAWS,but all any of us can do is adjust to it,& try & handle it one day at a time.Don't hurry or over worry yourself like I catch myself doing,it only adds more tension & stress,resulting in an absolute inner bomb.JMHO