Thread: Another DUI
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

I've had two of 'em and luckily 'faded' a third due to the fact they couldn't prove I'd been drinking at the time when they finally caught up with me.

I was blessed in all three cases - and the countless other times I shouldn't have been driving - to have not injured or killed anyone; myself included.

All I can say is get yourself to AA, commit to sobriety, start doing what you're ordered and pick up the pieces. It's going to suck, there's no way around that. And it will suck for a long time. I still wind up finding new consequences years later. Most recently, I discovered I am "criminally ineligible" to enter Canada because I have two DUIs. Couldn't accompany friends on a trip there. Last year I found that I am ineligible to be a Big Brother in the Big Brothers program. I was pretty bummed because they're in dire need of more male "Bigs" and that program was there for me as a kid. I have to wait 5 years to be considered due to my last DUI.

Get ready for a long road of regaining various privileges and paying off significant fines and legal fees, finding alternate means of transportation and possibly more jail time. All you can do now is face up to it and use this to steel your resolve of creating a better-than-ever life for yourself.

If you let it, this can be your bottom... right now....

Or, you can make the other choice and see how much worse it gets before you finally decide enough is enough.

hang in there....