Thread: 6,8,10 times
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Hope44

I found this article today and wanted to say thank you for posting. We have been at this for well over 10 times now with our almost 26 year old daughter who is addicted to heroin. This coming Wednesday she will be being released from yet another treatment center and, at this point, has no where to go. She is not allowed home and I hate to say this but I expect she will fail in her recovery. I want to say I hope I'm proved wrong but addiction has taught me to not hope in the thing hoped for, but to hope in God alone. It is so very hard and my heart goes out to all mothers, fathers, spouses, siblings and family/friends who are dealing with this. Who are watching a loved one struggle with this. Who have been abused and hurt and manipulated but still… we love. It goes on and on. It is wise to seek help, support and encouragement for ourselves. With regard to my daughter I am learning to stop fretting, "What am I going to do?" and ask, instead, "God, what are You going to do?" And try to rest in that….

It is such a long and difficult road.