View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Addmik19, First congratulations on your time and making the decision!

I'm hoping this post will help you to see your post in a different light. The alcoholic brain (or a brain that has a drinking problem) can do amazing things. It functions more mysteriously than anything that I've witnessed. The further you get away from the last drink and the day you commit to sobriety the more true this is. It will make you see things in an entirely different light and perceive things in any manner that's necessary to question the decision that you made. It will create reasons and distort things that will have you believing that it really wasn't that big of a deal. It sounds like that may be what's beginning with you.

In your post you're saying

The title read "Drinking Problem or General Anxiety" because I'm beginning to ask myself that. Reason I'm asking myself is since I've quit I haven't really craved beer.
This is your first post:

This first week was to be honest a living hell. My moods were up and down. Anxiety was high and alot of irritability. My blood sugar was messed up and kept going down. I got past most of that. My sugar has lined almost all the way out, I've been eating good, taking vitamins, and exercising. What I'm asking is how long until I feel back to normal completely. One day ill feel great the next I'm craving alcohol with mild depression and anxiety. It will last a few hours and ill feel normal again.
I get what you're saying about wondering if where you had anxiety issues anyway regardless of the drinking, you're questioning if the anxiety that you have now is due to really having a drinking problem or is it just that you're anxious.

Regardless of the usual anxiety, if it caused you what it did the first week that you quit (a living hell), then there's a problem. A month later you're wondering if you really have a problem. Only you can answer that question but it's helpful to look at those past posts. I do that all the time when my mind starts to tell me that I've made it this far and seem to be ok.

Never forget that first post, it will help you to reflect when those questions come up. Honesty with yourself is key.

You can do this! Recognize those questions for what they are. It doesn't always feel this way and when you get past all of this you'll see these feelings for what they are. That, and living is BETTER!